Candle Care & Safety Tips

Candle Care Instructions:

  • Let the Wax Pool: The first time you light your candle, allow it to burn until the wax pool melts all the way to the edge. This may take up to a couple hours depending on the size of the candle. Wax has “memory,” so if it is extinguished with a partial pool, that will prevent a full, even pool from forming in the future. Also be mindful of placement in your home as air vents can affect the overall burn.
  • “4 & 2” Rule: It is recommended that after burning your candle for four hours, you extinguish the candle, allow it to cool for two hours, and trim the wick to 1/4” before relighting. This will ensure a proper burn each subsequent relighting, which also extends the lifetime of the candle to its full burn time.
  • Wick Care: Trim the wick each time you light the candle, removing any “bloom” or “mushrooming” from the previous burn. We recommend lighting a wick that is 1/4-1/2” in length.
  • Keep It Clean: Do not allow wick trimmings, dust, or any debris to fall into the wax. If it does, just make sure to clean it out before the next time you relight it to ensure a clean burn.


Safety Instructions (Candles)

To Prevent Fire or Injury:

Always burn candles within eyesight and away from drafts or anything that can catch fire. Also, be mindful of children and pets when burning any candles.


Trim wick to between 1/4" and 1/2" before lighting your candle. Keep candle wax free of matches, wick trimmings, or debris. Only burn the candle on a level, fire resistant surface. Do not burn your candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time. Stop use when only 1/4" of wax remains. Do not extinguish with water. Candle container will be hot when lit and after burning, so allow time to cool before attempting to touch it. We also recommend stopping use of any candles when 1/4" or less of wax remains.


Safety Instructions (Wax Melts)

To Prevent Fire or Injury: 

Remove packaging before use. Use only in tea-light warmers or UL-listed electric warmers approved for wax melts. Read and follow all instructions provided with your warmer before use. Do NOT leave melter unattended while in use. Keep out of reach of children and pets.


Do NOT add water. Do NOT melt on the stovetop or in non-approved appliances. Use only in well-ventilated areas away from flammable materials. Discontinue use if melting dish contains less than 1/2" of wax.


Frequently Asked Questions

Are your candles and wax melts vegan?

Yes, we use 100% sustainably-sourced soy vegan wax. It’s one of the highest quality and most sustainable waxes available. One minor thing to note (and this applies to most candle companies so I would make sure you always specifically ask) is that the lead-free cotton wick is coated in an extremely small amount of ethically sourced beeswax. The reason for this is because beeswax has a much higher melting point than soy wax so it protects the wick and allows the wick to maintain its rigidness while the wax dries and cures. You don’t want the wick absorbing the oils during this stage or it may not burn correctly, which could result in an unsafe burn. In addition to being ethically sourced, the portion of beeswax on the wicks' priming makes up less a percentage point of all materials used.

Are your candles and wax melts cruelty free?

Yes, absolutely! None of our raw materials are tested on animals at any time and the small portion of beeswax on the wicks' priming is ethically sourced. (See the question “Are your candles vegan?” for more info on why we use beeswax on our wicks.)

What oils do you use for your candles and wax melts? Are they clean?

Yes, they are clean! We use a combination of fragrance and essential oils that are all 100% toxin-free (meaning absolutely NO phthalates, Carcinogens, Mutagens, Reproductive Toxins, Organ Toxins, and Acute Toxins). And since we use lead-free wicks and the highest quality pure soy wax, our candles have a clean burn that’s safe for your whole family (pets included).